- December 23, 2022
- Posted by: Bonnici Group
Operating out of our modern workshop in Burmarrad, UNEC Servicing Ltd. specialises in the repair and maintenance of prestigious brands such as DAF, Caterpillar, Cummins, Hyster and Ingersoll Rand amongst others. The UNEC Servicing Marine section is growing, and we are now seeking to employ a Senior Marine Technician to join and lead our growing team of technicians.
Based at the workshop in Burmarrad the Senior Marine Technician will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Unit Manager with the day-to-day operations of a team of technicians.
- Mentoring and leading a team of Technicians ensuring works on site progress safely and efficiently.
- Scheduling works and following up on progress.
- Conducting diagnostic tests and fault finding.
- Repairing and restoring equipment primarily focusing on marine engines and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance and identifying possible areas of concern.
- Understanding performance issues using manufacturer guidelines and diagnostic tools.
- Performing and supporting the installation of new equipment.
- Any ad-hoc work that may occur due to business exigencies.
The successful candidate should preferably have:
- 3 years of relevant working experience preferably withing a similar leadership role.
- In possession of a Diploma in Mechanical/ Marine Engineering or the equivalent.
- The ability to work on their own initiative as well as form part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- In possession of a driving license.