- November 16, 2023
- Posted by: Bonnici Group
The Bonnici Group is a family business of 45 years standing and has established its position as one of the leading and innovation-driven businesses on the Islands of Malta. The Bonnici Group is a diverse group of companies with exciting long-term career prospects for talented people ranging across retail, sales, automotive engineering & repairs, marine engineering, stock inventory, warehousing, environmental, construction, surveying, architecture, and civil engineering.
The Bonnici Group has a range of attractive positions open to talented and ambitious people wishing to develop and further build their careers within a fast moving, dynamic and successful place to work. As a people-centric family business we believe in awarding positions on personal and professional merit, providing equal opportunities to welcome applicants from all backgrounds to join the Bonnici Group.
As we grow and develop, we are now seeking a highly motivated and skilled Storekeeper / Stores Clerk to join our team based at the Ta’ Zuta Quarry, Had Dingli l/o Siggiewi. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the stores, whilst ensuring all materials entering and leaving are accounted for.
Individual Key Objectives:
- To receive and inspect all incoming materials, tools or equipment.
- To maintain updated records of quantities of goods in stock.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- To generate barcodes and to allocate/affix them to their designated packages, by item, batch, and quantity.
- To prepare traffic management signs and utilities.
- To keep records of small tools on hire and other plant and machinery on loan and to make sure that these are returned in good working order and on time.
- To keep a register of plant & machinery and record movements and location of same.
- To take hardware supplies orders from project coordinators and site foremen, prepare goods required for onward dispatch, coordinate and oversee the delivery of these supplies to sites.
- To ensure that receipt of material sent is returned back to quarry office properly signed.
- To ensure that documents received are properly sorted and filled in accordance with company procedures and that these documents are forwarded to the accounts department in a timely manner.
- To maintain inventory control through the Stock Movement process.
- To make purchase requisitions for the replenishment of stock.
- To perform daily stock checks and stock takes on an annual basis.
- To use equipment necessary for the handling, shifting or moving of material, such as palletizer and forklift.
- To assist the procurement and logistics departments by undertaking any other duties commensurate with the level of this post, as may be assigned from time to time.
- To keep track and records of orders from sites, and delegate with the logistics department for deliveries.
- To deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- To inform in a timely manner communication received and pass them on to superior
- To maintain the quarry warehouse area in a clean, safe and organized manner
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of this post, as may be assigned from time to time
- To have a flexible approach and be ready to work irregular working hours as and when requested
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance
Personal Characteristics, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing in Maltese and English, in order to be able to report adequately to superiors and to form good relations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, including the ability to respond to the needs of team members and provide them with assistance when and as required.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift.
- Ability to act with integrity by being open and honest at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with third parties.
- Good working knowledge of computer and conversant with computer applications.
- Flexible in approach to work commitments at all times.
- A Maltese driving licence (Lic B).
Interested applicants are requested to send their C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org