- May 31, 2021
- Posted by: Bonnici Group
Forming part of the Bonnici Group, United Equipment Co. Ltd. (UNEC Co. Ltd.) is a market leader in the supply of special equipment to the transport, construction and logistic / warehousing businesses and plant equipment for industries and businesses in general. Operating out of our modern workshop and being the official representatives of prestigious brands such as DAF, Caterpillar, Cummins, Hyster and Ingersoll Rand amongst others, UNEC Servicing Ltd. specialises in the repair and maintenance of all these prestigious brands as well as offering general engineering services for the industrial, marine and energy sectors.
As a Foreman/Senior Technician you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of tradespeople and technicians.
- Assisting, directing and supervising work on mechanical and electrical maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Distributing and delegating work amongst the team efficiently and ensuring works follow the projected schedule and are to the required quality and standards.
- Ensuring that all the workforce is trained and follow the Company’s operating procedures.
- Understanding and following electrical and mechanical drawings, diagrams and schematics as the need arises
- Fault finding and identification of suitable repair works as per manufacturer’s procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of quotations, technical reports and invoicing as required.
- Perform additional tasks as required due to business exigencies.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a supervisory or a senior technical role.
- A Technical or Mechanical Diploma.
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as leading a team.
- Fluency in Maltese and English as well as Italian will be considered an asset.
- A valid driving license.